Zest Juice Co. values the individual, which is why they offer a plethora of add-ins that serve a greater purpose than just adding more flavor- they exist so you can cater the products to better fit your nutritional needs. We are all different and unique when it comes to our lifestyles and eating patterns, so our Zest orders should look different as well.
For example… while one person may be stopping at Zest for a quick snack, someone else may be coming in for their breakfast or lunch- so naturally, these orders will look different nutritionally. The snack may have some carbs for quick energy, while the meal will ideally have carbs, protein and fat to provide longer lasting energy.
But with so many options it may feel like a guessing game when it comes to deciding what to add. Use the guide below to help inform your decision on the add-in best fit for you.
- Haven’t had many anti-oxidant rich foods today? Add some acai powder, blue majik or spirulina to your order of choice. These add-ins will amp up your disease fighting antioxidant intake for the day that we most commonly get from fruits and vegetables.
- You just killed it on your workout and are stopping at Zest to refuel. Add some protein to your order in the form of plant-based protein powder, almond butter, peanut butter or hemp hearts to promote muscle repair.
- Looking for a source of healthy fat to help keep you feeling full and satisfied? Coconut meat, avocado, cacao nibs or coconut butter are your number one picks for add-ins in this case.
- Maybe you haven’t eaten much fish lately to get your omega-3 fatty acids. Adding chia seeds, flax seed, or hemp hearts will help increase your omega-3 intake for the day.
- Want to bump up the flavor while adding some anti-inflammatory and immune enhancing benefits? Cinnamon, cayenne powder or matcha could be a good addition.
- You’re not feeling like having veggies today. Sneak some spinach or kale into your smoothie to get some greens without even tasting them.
- You are stopping in Zest on your lunch break- think about adding a source of protein (plant-based protein powder, almond butter, peanut butter or hemp hearts) and fat (coconut meat, avocado, cacao nibs or coconut butter) to your Zest order to build a balanced meal and get you through the rest of the work day.
You do you. Pick you add-in, make your order your own.
Emily Fitz, RD