Hi y'all! We are taking a break today from the superfood series, but I don’t think you’ll mind when you find out what this week's recipe is.
We are making one of the EASIEST and most satisfying desserts...Cookie Dough Bites! Seriously, It is only 6 ingredients and will take you about 10 minutes to whip up. What more could you ask for on a rainy Friday?
Let me count the ways as to why I love these little treats.
- They are so incredibly delicious and really do taste like raw cookie dough!
- They are perfect as a tea time treat, a dessert or even a pre/post workout snack.
- If you make these for your kids they will be begging you to make them again and again.
- These are truly guilt-free with no refined sugar, dairy or eggs.
- They help curb a sweet tooth and keep you energized, no sugar crashes here!
So, let's get to it.
1 cup raw cashews
½ cup rolled oats
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pour oats in a blender or food processor and blend until you have made a flour like texture.
- Add the cashews and blend until they have turned into tiny bits.
- Add maple syrup, salt, and vanilla and blend until it has come together in a ball, and into a dough like texture.
- Scrape dough out into a bowl and pour chocolate chips over the dough. Take a spoon and mash/stir the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Using about 1 tbsp of dough, roll into balls. I was able to make 12 balls.
- Store these in an airtight container for up to a week or week and a half!
- Enjoy and have a great weekend!